FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Below are some FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions). If you cannot find the answer to your question here, please give us a call on 0419 449 339. We’d be happy to help!
Hiring a container is surprisingly economical. We have containers starting as little as $2.75 a day*.
T’s & C’s do apply. Please give us a call on 0419 449 339 to discuss your requirements or click here to get a quote.
The price of a container varies depending on it’s size, condition (new or used), and whether you will require modifications.
Give us a call on 0419 449 339 to discuss your requirements or click here to get a quote.
The size of the container you need will depend on two main questions.
- What are you using the container for? Will it be a simple storage facility, or will it be utilised for human activities? Think about the elements you need to put in the container, including all the furniture, as well allowing room to move.
- Does the container need to be adaptable? Will the container be used for a pop-up shop or for trade shows? If you require adaptability, bigger is better.
Our standard containers come in 10ft, 20ft or 40ft variants. Click here to see their specifications.
No matter the length, the internal width is always 2.352 m (8ft) wide for all shipping containers.
G & J Containers doesn’t impose a limit on the duration of your container hire. We offer month-to-month hiring – with no minimum hire (but minimum charges do apply).
If you want a container for the long term, you may want to consider purchasing instead.
Used shipping containers show their age, much like most used items.
The shipping container re-sale industry is very much a ‘get what you pay for’ business. Accordingly, used shipping container prices can vary greatly.
Prices will vary depending on condition, and whether you would like the container refurbished/spray painted etc.
Modified shipping containers are becoming excessively popular these days, and are available for sale at competitive prices in 10ft, 20ft and 40ft variations.
At G & J Containers, we aim to deliver a personally tailored service that meets each client’s individual requirements – everything from spray painting and signwriting, to equipping it for chemical storage.
Some common modification projects include;
- Micro Business Solutions: Pop-up shop, portable ATMs for events
- Business Solutions: Display home office, construction office, car yard vehicle displays
- Construction Solutions: Safety covered walkways for building sites, first aid room, lunch room, switch room, dangerous goods store room
- Accomodation Solutions: Tiny home, granny flat
Your Council may have restrictions or guidelines about putting a shipping container on your property. We strongly suggest you call your Council to obtain the proper information and permissions, before hiring or purchasing a container.
Yes we can! We offer transport options to locations throughout Victoria. We also have a network of other container hire and sales agencies in most states. Our transport services covers containers of any size, so we are able to move them into virtually any position.
Shipping containers can be delivered in several ways:
- If you have your own forklift onsite capable of moving a shipping container, then a flatbed or skel tray truck is the most cost-effective solution.
- For 10ft & 20ft containers, we generally use tilt tray trucks that unload the freight by tipping the tray and sliding the container off the rear of the truck. You will need clearance of 3.9m high, 3m wide and at least 25m in length so the truck can drive away.
- A sideloader is generally used for 40ft deliveries. The container is dropped to the driver’s side of the truck, approximately one metre away from the truck body. Side-loaders can also be used for 20ft container movements.
- For the more difficult placements we can use crane trucks that can move all size units to almost any position.
For more information, or to obtain a quote on our shipping container services, please contact us on 0419 449 339.